Monday 20 February 2012

Vivienne Westwood "People have never looked so ugly as they do today"

A little harsh?
So Vivienne Westwood has been quoted saying that people are all looking the same nowadays. What do you think?

Vinienne westwood at her catwalk show at london fashion week.

I know that i am defiantly on the fence about this i both agree and disagree i do admit when i am out i see wave after wave of clones especially when it comes to girls between the age of 14 - 28 about 70% of them have got their mid length brown or blonde hair, tight low cut tops, short denim jackets, 16 bangles from H&M, skinny jeans and ballet pump shoes. (you know what im talking about!) BUT i don't have a problem with them if thats what they like if thats what they feel good wearing then fine, but if they are wearing it because thats what their friends are wearing or because thats how they saw the mannequin dressed in the shop, then thats a big NO NO.
EXAMPLE of what I'm talking about.

I found this pic on lookbook, that is the only time i get pissed is when these type of outfits get hypes like ALOT of hypes! I mean seriously!? Fine if your going out to get some milk then going straight back home!
But i wouldn't take a photo of myself wearing something like this and expect that other people would hype it on the internet, I would personally call it the definition of a boring thought-less outfit!

I know that when im out i rarely see some one that stands out and makes me stop and check out their outfit (about 1 out of 7 times) 
Anyway im starting the waffle, but my point is people have the freedom to wear what they like, be individual stand out from the crowd or if you really want to be a poster girl for h&m!

No comments:

Post a Comment